Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Chiropractor

So I went to my mother’s chiropractor the other day because my lower back has been hurting. I know, I sound like an old person! What would happen is after soccer, or working out of any sort, I would start to get a sharp pain on the left lower side of my back. It was so bad that I could not walk or do anything. Anyway, I went to the chiropractor and they took some x-rays and everything. At the end of the appointment, I figure out that I have severe neck problems and minor lower back problems. Who would have known? The x-rays showed that my neck is strait (it is supposed to be curved a little) and my vertebra curves to the left towards my buttocks (which it is supposed to be strait). When running, the pressure from your upper body weight travels downward through your spine. Well since my spine is curved the pressure exerting on my back was not equal on both sides; therefore, putting more pressure on my left side than my right causing it to hurt. Needless to say, I am messed up. Oh! And my left shoulder is higher then my right so I am lop-sided. Even though it may all sound terrible, it is not. I am only classified as a level 2 (level 1 is normal). So it is a good thing they caught all of my messed up back problems before they got worse. Only three days a week for a whole year till my back is hopefully healed!

No comments:

Post a Comment